General Information and Jewellery Care
All our jewellery is 925 sterling silver, a precious metal. We do not use cheap base metals such as copper or brass. We use authentic, quality gemstones that are sourced for us by our gemologist.
About Vermeil Jewellery
Our jewellery also come in 18k gold and 18k rose gold vermeil. Vermeil means that sterling silver is plated in at least 2.5 microns (layers) of gold or rose gold. Ours come in 3 microns which makes for a really thick layer of plating. We use 18k gold or rose gold for better quality and colour.
Silver and vermeil jewellery tarnishes and fades over time. This is a natural reaction to oxygen but is accelerated by exposure to the sun, salt water, perspiration, chlorine, perfumes and creams. With proper care your jewellery will last for a very long time. Here are some helpful tips to help you ensure this:
1. The most important thing to do is to clean your jewellery with a clean, soft, cotton or microfibre cloth after each use.
2. Store them in a small, airtight, resealable bags to keep exposure to oxygen at a minimum and for extra protection put them inside the jewellery box that they came in as this is cushioned and is made to prevent tarnish.
3. As much as jewellery are lovely to wear with swimwear and resort wear, please do not wear them whilst swimming, sunbathing or wtih sun cream on.
4. When tarnish sets in (as it eventually will) on silver, you may use a silver polishing cloth to restore its lustre and shine but do not use this on vermeil jewellery as it will rub off the plating.
5. When your vermeil jewellery starts to show wear and tear you may gently and quickly wash it with water and delicate soap using a soft, cotton or microfibre cloth. Once your vermeil jewellery starts to fade, you may opt to have this replated to bring it back to its former glory.
We will soon launch our Jewellery Care Kit and our Replating Service so please join our newsletter to be the first to know about our latest offers.